The Barometric Pressure Smart Sensor has a measurement range of 660 mb to 1070 mb (19.47 to 31.55 inHg), and can perform measurement averaging to obtain the highest accuracy. The operating temperature range for this sensor is -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F). This weatherproof smart sensor is mounted outside the data logger enclosure.
- Weatherproof housing enables mounting outside the station enclosure. This means the station can maintain its weatherproof seal without having to be vented to the atmosphere.
- Measures barometric pressure over a wide range
- Includes zip ties for mounting on mast; can also be mounted on flat surface with screws
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-BPB-CM50 sensor supports the following measurement：Barometric Pressure
- Measurement range：660 to 1070 mbar (19.47 to 31.55 in. Hg)
- Accuracy：±3.0 mbar (0.088 in. Hg) over full pressure range at 25°C (77°F); maximum error of ±5.0 mbar (0.148 in. Hg) over -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- Resolution：0.1 mbar (.003 in. Hg)
- Drift：1.0 mbar (0.03 in. Hg) per year
- Operating temperature range：-40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- Environmental rating：Weatherproof
- Dimensions：6.4 cm (2.5 in) diameter x 5.1 cm (2 in) height
- Weight：96 gm (3.4 oz)
- Bits per sample：12
- Number of data channels：1 *
- Measurement averaging option：Yes
- Cable length available：50 cm (20 in)
- Length of Smart Sensor network cable：50 cm (20 in)
- Specification：This product meets CE specification EN61326-1 criterion C for ESD, criterion C for Radiated Immunity, criterion C for Fast Transient, criterion B for Conducted Immunity, criterion A for Power Frequency Magnetic Fields, and Class B for Radiated Emissions Group 1. To minimize measurement errors due to ambient RF, use the shortest possible probe cable length and keep the probe cable as far as possible from other cables.
* A single HOBO Weather Station can accommodate 15 data channels and up to 100 m (328 ft) of smart sensor cable (the digital communications portion of the sensor cables).