The Photosynthetic Light (PAR) Smart Sensor is intended to measure light intensity for the frequencies relevant for photosynthesis. This sensor has a measurement range of 0 to 2500 umol/m2/sec over wavelengths from 400 to 700 nm. Enclosed in a anodized aluminum housing with acrylic diffuser and o-ring seal, this model has a 3m cable; a light sensor bracket and light sensor level are recommended.
Also available in a wireless model for use with the HOBOnet Field Monitoring System.
- Measurement range of 0 to 2500 umol/m2/sec over wavelengths from 400 to 700 nm
- Plug-n-play smart sensor
- Compatible with RX, H21, H22, and U30 family loggers
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-LIA-M003 sensor supports the following measurements：Light Intensity and PAR
- Measurement parameters：average over logging interval, user-defined sampling interval from 1 second
- Measurement range：0 to 2500 umol/m2/sec, wavelengths of 400 to 700 nm
- Operating temperature range：-40° to 75°C (-40° to 167°F)
- Accuracy：±5 umol/m2/sec or ± 5%, whichever is greater in sunlight; additional temperature-induced error ±0.75 umol/m2/sec/degree C from 25°C. Cosine corrected 0 – 80 degrees, 360 degree rotation.
- Resolution：2.5 umol/m2/sec
- Response time：
- Housing：anodized aluminum housing with acrylic diffuser and o-ring seal
- Dimensions：4.1 cm height x 3.2.4 cm diameter (1 5/8″ height x 1 1/4″ diameter)
- Approximate weight：120 g (4 oz)
- Cable length：3 meter (10′)
- Length of Smart Sensor Network Cable：3m
Note：Light sensor bracket and light sensor level recommended
– The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU)