The HOBO U20L-01 is a low-cost, research-grade water level data logger for continuously measuring water level and temperature in a wide range of underwater environments. It features 0.1% measurement accuracy, a polypropylene housing for use in both fresh and salt water, and a non-vented design for convenient and hassle-free deployment.
This data logger requires either the U-DTW-1 Waterproof Shuttle or the Base-U-4 Base Station for configuration and data offload, HOBOware software (free download).
NOTE：HOBOware Pro is required when using the U-DTW-1 Waterproof Shuttle. See compatible items below.
- Self-contained non-vented design enables easy deployment
- Ideal for use in both fresh and saltwater environments, including wells, streams, lakes, wetlands, and tidal areas
- Depths up to 30 feet
- Durable ceramic pressure sensor withstands freezing
- HOBOware Pro software provides easy conversion to accurate water level reading, fully compensated for barometric pressure (see demo), temperature, and water density
- Note：A calibration certificate is not offered for this logger. If you require a NIST-traceable calibration certificate, please see the U20-001-02 (freshwater) or U20-001-02-Ti (saltwater).
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in outdoor and underwater environments.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The U20L-01 data logger supports the following measurements: Absolute Pressure, Barometric Pressure, Temperature and Water Level
Pressure (Absolute) and Water Level Measurements U20L-01
- Operation Range：0 to 207 kPa (0 to 30 psia); approximately 0 to 9 m (0 to 30 ft) of water depth at sea level, or 0 to 12 m (0 to 40 ft) of water at 3,000 m (10,000 ft) of altitude
- Factory Calibrated Range：69 to 207 kPa (10 to 30 psia), 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
- Burst Pressure：310 kPa (45 psia) or 18 m (60 ft) depth
- Water Level Accuracy*：
。Typical error：±0.1% FS, 1.0 cm (0.03 ft) water
。Maximum error：±0.2% FS, 2.0 cm (0.06 ft) water
- Raw Pressure Accuracy**：±0.3% FS, 0.62 kPa (0.09 psi) maximum error
- Resolution：<0.02 kPa (0.003 psi), 0.21 cm (0.007 ft) water
- Pressure Response Time (90%)***：<1 second at a stable temperature; measurement accuracy also depends on temperature response time
- Operation Range：-20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F)
- Accuracy：±0.44°C from 0° to 50°C (±0.79°F from 32° to 122°F), see Plot A in manual
- Resolution：0.10°C at 25°C (0.18°F at 77°F), see Plot A in manual
- Response Time (90%)：10 minutes in water (typical)
- Stability (Drift)：0.1°C (0.18°F) per year
- Real-time Clock：±1 minute per month 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
- Battery：2/3 AA, 3.6 Volt lithium, factory-replaceable
- Battery Life (Typical Use)：5 years with 1 minute or greater logging interval
- Memory (Non-volatile)：64K bytes memory (approx. 21,700 pressure and temperature samples)
- Weight：Approximately 154 g (5.43 oz) in air Approximately 53.9 g (1.9 oz) in fresh water
- Dimensions：3.18 cm (1.25 inches) diameter, 15.24 cm (6.0 inches) length; mounting hole 6.3 mm (0.25 inches) diameter
- Wetted Materials：Polypropylene housing and lanyard; Viton and Buna-N O-rings; ceramic sensor in acetyl end cap; stainless steel screws suitable for saltwater
- Logging Interval：Fixed-rate or multiple logging intervals, with up to 8 user-defined logging intervals and durations; logging intervals from 1 second to 18 hours. Refer to the HOBOware User’s Guide for details.
- Launch Modes：Immediate start and delayed start
- Offload Modes：Offload while logging; stop and offload
- Battery Indication：Battery voltage can be viewed in status screen and optionally logged in datafile. Low battery indication in datafile.
- Environmental Rating：IP68
- ：The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU).
* Water Level Accuracy：With accurate reference water level measurement, known water density, accurate Barometric Compensation Assistant data, and a stable temperature environment.
** Raw Pressure Accuracy：Absolute pressure sensor accuracy includes all sensor drift, temperature, and hysteresis-induced errors.
*** Changes in Temperature：Allow 20 minutes in water to achieve full temperature compensation of the pressure sensor. Maximum error due to rapid thermal changes is approximately 0.5%.