The HOBO Pro v2 Temperature/Relative Humidity data logger is a weatherproof data logger with built-in temperature and relative humidity sensors. The Relative Humidity sensor provides superior durability in humid environments and is user-replaceable.
- Weatherproof housing for use in outdoor or condensing environments
- High accuracy
- Replaceable Relative Humidity sensor provides fast response and superior recovery from condensing conditions
- Small-diameter external sensor versions for measurements in tight spaces
- Optic USB interface for fast and reliable download
- Compatible with HOBOware and HOBOware Pro software for logger setup, graphing and analysis (HOBOware Pro is required when using the U-DTW-1 Waterproof shuttle)
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The U23-001 data logger supports the following measurements：Relative Humidity and Temperature
- Operation range internal sensors：-40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- U23-002 external temperature sensor：-40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- U23-003 and U23-004 external sensors：-40° to 100°C (-40° to 212°F), with tip and cable immersion in fresh water up to 50°C (122°F) for one year
- Accuracy：±0.21°C from 0° to 50°C (±0.38°F from 32° to 122°F)
- Resolution：0.02°C at 25°C (0.04°F at 77°F); see Plot A in the manual
- U23-001 internal sensor：40 minutes in air moving 1 m/sec
- U23-002 external temperature sensor：5 minutes in air moving 1 m/sec
- U23-003 and U23-004 external sensors：3 minutes in air moving 1 m/sec; 30 seconds in stirred water
- Stability (drift)：< 0.1°C (0.18°F) per year
- Operation range：0-100% RH, -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F) Exposure to conditions below -20°C (-4°F) or above 95% RH may temporarily increase the maximum RH sensor error by an additional 1%
- Accuracy：±2.5% from 10% to 90% RH (typical), to a maximum of ±3.5% including hysteresis at 25°C (77°F); below 10% and above 90% ±5% typical
- U23-001：40 minute in air moving 1 m/sec with protective cap
- U23-002：5 minutes in air moving 1 m/sec with protective cap
- Stability (drift)：< 1% per year typical
- Operation range：-40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- Real-time clock：± 1 minute per month 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
- Battery：1/2 AA, 3.6 Volt lithium, user-replaceable (part # HP-B)
- Battery life (typical use)：3 years with 1 minute or greater logging interval
- Memory (non-volatile)：64K bytes memory (approx. 21,000 temperature and RH measurements)
- All models：ASA styrene polymer housing and mounting clamp; polypropylene protective cap; Buna-N o-ring(s)
- U23-001, U23-002 only：ASA styrene polymer RH sensor cap; modified hydrophobic polyethersulfone membrane
- U23-001：No cables
- U23-002：One 184 cm (6 ft.) PVC cable; sensor diameter 1 cm (0.38 in.)
- U23-003：Two 184 cm (6 ft.) PVC cables; sensor diameter 0.5 cm (0.20 in.)
- U23-004：One 184 cm (6 ft.) PVC cable; sensor diameter 0.5 cm (0.20 in.)
- U23-001：57 g (1.5 oz)
- U23-002：118 g (3.1 oz)
- U23-003：138 g (3.7 oz)
- U23-004：102 g (2.7 oz)
- Environmental rating：Electronics housing is NEMA 6P equivalent (tolerant of brief submergence). Units with RH sensors are NEMA 4 equivalent (splash-resistant).
- Launch modes：Immediate start; delayed start
- Logging interval：Fixed-rate or multiple logging intervals, with up to 8 user-defined logging intervals and durations; logging intervals from 1 second to 18 hours (refer to HOBOware software manual)
- Offload modes：Offload while logging; stop and offload
- Battery indication：Battery voltage can be viewed in status screen and optionally logged in datafile. Low battery indication in datafile.
- Dimensions：Housing measures 10.2 × 3.8 cm (4.0 × 1.5 in.)
- NIST certificate：Temperature certificate available for additional charge
- The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with the relevant directives in the European Union (EU).