The HOBO UX120 Pulse Data Logger is a highly versatile, 4-channel energy data logger that combines the functionality of four separate data loggers into one compact unit. It enables energy management professionals – from energy auditors to building commissioners – to easily track building energy consumption, equipment runtimes, and water and gas flow rates. The HOBO UX120 Pulse Data Logger is available in a standard memory model (UX120-017) capable of 500,000 measurements and an expanded memory version (UX120-017M) capable of over 4,000,000 measurements.
- Simultaneously measures and records pulse signals, events, state changes, and runtimes
- Stores up to over 4 million measurements, enabling longer deployments with fewer site visits
- Maximum pulse rate – 120 Hz
- Pulse input range – 0 to 24VDC
- Streamlines deployment via a range of start/stop options, logger status LEDs, and high-speed USB 2.0 data offload
- Works with Onset’s Energy & Power Meter to measure Power Factor (PF), Reactive Power (VAR), Watt Hours (Wh) and more. Learn how.
The T-VER-E50B2 Energy and Power Meter outputs (3) sets of pulses that are logged by the UX120-017. These pulses represent Watt-hours, Amp-hours, and VAR-hours. HOBOware software uses these pulse values to calculate AC Current, AC Voltage, kW, Power Factor, VARs, and VA. The formulas used in these calculations can be found here：14993-A-Derived-Channels.zip
- Compatible with HOBOware and HOBOware Pro software for logger setup, graphing, and analysis
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in an indoor environment.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The UX120-017M data logger supports the following measurements: AC Voltage, Amp Hour (Ah), Amps (A), Event, Kilowatt Hours (kWh), Kilowatts (kW), Motor On/Off, Power Factor (PF), Pulse Input, Runtime, State Open/Closed, Volt-Amp Reactive, Volt-Amp Reactive hour, Volt-Amps (VA), Volts (V), Water Flow, Watt Hours (Wh) and Watts (W)
- External Contact Input：Electronic solid state switch closure or logic driven digital signals to 24 V
- Maximum Pulse Frequency：120 Hz
- Maximum State, Event, Runtime Frequency：1 Hz
- Bits：4–32 bits depending on pulse rate and logging interval
- Maximum Pulses Per Interval：7,863,960 (using maximum logging rate)
- Driven Logic Signal：Input Low: ≤ 0.4 V; Input High: 3 to 24 V
- Absolute Maximum Rating：Maximum Voltage: 25 V DC
- Minimum Voltage: -0.3 V DC
- Solid State Switch Closure：Input Low: < 10 KΩ; Input High: > 500 KΩ
- Internal Weak Pull-Up：100 KΩ
- Input Impedance：Solid state switch closure: 100 KΩ pull up; Driven signal: 4.5 KΩ
- Minimum Pulse Width：Contact closure duration: 500 uS; Driven logic signal: 100 uS
- Lockout Time：0 to 1 second in 100 ms steps
- Edge Detection：Falling edge, Schmitt Trigger buffer
- Preferred Switch State：Normally open or Logic “1” state
- Resolution：Pulse: 1 pulse, Runtime: 1 second, State and Event: 1 State or Event
- Logging Rate：1 second to 18 hours, 12 minutes, 15 seconds
- Time Accuracy：± 1 minute per month at 25°C (77°F) (see Plot A in manual)
- Battery Type：Two AA alkaline or lithium batteries
- Battery Life：1 year, typical with logging intervals greater than 1 minute and normally open contacts
。UX120-017: 520,192 measurements (assumes 8-bit)
。UX120-017M: 4,124,672 measurements (assumes 8-bit)
- Download Type：USB 2.0 interface
- Download Time：30 seconds for UX120-017, 1.5 minutes for UX120-017M
- Operating Range：Logging: -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F); 0 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Launch/Readout: 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F) per USB specification
- Weight：149 g (5.26 oz)
- Size：11.4 x 6.3 x 3.3 cm (4.5 x 2.5 x 1.3 inches)
- Environmental Rating：IP50
The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU).