Providing a narrow range of measurement for the best possible accuracy, this version is ideal for monitoring water levels and temperatures in wells, streams, lakes and wetlands.
Like other HOBO Water Level Data Loggers, the 13-foot version offers exceptional value and ease-of-use, with no cumbersome vent tubes or desiccants to maintain. This data logger is ideal for recording water levels and temperatures in salt water environments.
- Lightning protection – no long signal wires, and electronics are shielded in a titanium housing for use in saltwater (see the Water Level logger sensor location drawing)
- HOBOware Pro software provides easy conversion to accurate water level reading, fully compensated for barometric pressure (see demo) temperature, and water density.
- Multiple-rate sampling (see demo) allows faster sampling at critical times such as when pumping starts or stops.
- Available in 4 depth ranges
- Ideal for use in wells, streams, lakes, wetlands and tidal areas
- No-vent-tube design for easy reliable deployment
- Available in stainless and titanium versions
- Durable ceramic pressure sensor
- 3-point NIST-traceable calibration certificate included
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in outdoor and underwater environments.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The U20-001-04-Ti data logger supports the following measurements: Absolute Pressure, Barometric Pressure, Temperature and Water Level
Pressure and Water Level Measurements U20-001-04 and U20-001-04-Ti
- Operation Range：0 to 145 kPa (0 to 21 psia); approximately 0 to 4 m (0 to 13 ft) of water depth at sea level, or 0 to 7 m (0 to 23 ft) of water at 3,000 m (10,000 ft) of altitude
- Factory Calibrated Range：69 to 145 kPa (10 to 21 psia), 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
- Burst Pressure：310 kPa (45 psia) or 18 m (60 ft) depth
- Water Level Accuracy*：
。Typical error：±0.075% FS, 0.3 cm (0.01 ft) water
。Maximum error：±0.15% FS, 0.6 cm (0.02 ft) water
- Raw Pressure Accuracy**：±0.3% FS, 0.43 kPa (0.063 psi) maximum error
- Resolution：<0.014 kPa (0.002 psi), 0.14 cm (0.005 ft) water
- Pressure Response Time (90%)***：<1 second; measurement accuracy also depends on temperature response time
- Operation Range：-20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F)
- Accuracy：±0.44°C from 0° to 50°C (±0.79°F from 32° to 122°F), see Plot A in manual
- Resolution：0.10°C at 25°C (0.18°F at 77°F), see Plot A in manual
- Response Time (90%)：5 minutes in water (typical)
- Stability (Drift)：0.1°C (0.18°F) per year
- Real-time Clock：± 1 minute per month 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
- Battery：2/3 AA, 3.6 Volt lithium, factory-replaceable
- Battery Life (Typical Use)：5 years with 1 minute or greater logging interval
- Memory (Non-volatile)：64K bytes memory (approx. 21,700 pressure and temperature samples)
。Stainless steel models: approximately 210 g (7.4 oz)
。Titanium models: approximately 140 g (4.8 oz)
- Dimensions：2.46 cm (0.97 inches) diameter, 15 cm (5.9 inches) length; mounting hole 6.3 mm (0.25 inches) diameter
- Wetted Materials：Titanium, Viton® o-rings, acetyl cap, ceramic sensor
- Logging Interval：Fixed-rate or multiple logging intervals, with up to 8 user-defined logging intervals and durations; logging intervals from 1 second to 18 hours. Refer to the HOBOware software manual.
- Launch Modes：Immediate start and delayed start
- Offload Modes：Offload while logging; stop and offload
- Battery Indication：Battery voltage can be viewed in status screen and optionally logged in datafile. Low battery indication in datafile.
- Environmental Rating：IP68
- ：The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU).
* Water Level Accuracy: With accurate reference water level measurement, known water density, accurate Barometric Compensation Assistant data, and a stable temperature environment.
** Raw Pressure Accuracy: Absolute pressure sensor accuracy includes all sensor drift, temperature, and hysteresis-induced errors.
*** Changes in Temperature: Allow 10 minutes in water to achieve full temperature compensation of the pressure sensor. Maximum error due to rapid thermal changes is approximately 0.5%.