Measure soil moisture over a large volume of soil with the affordably-priced 10HS Soil Moisture Smart Sensor. This sensor integrates the field-proven 10HS Sensor and a 12-bit A/D, providing ±3% accuracy in most soils conditions, and ±2% accuracy with soil-specific calibration. The 10cm probes measure soil moisture over a larger volume of soil, helping to average out any soil variability. Readings are provided directly in volumetric water content. The sensor’s high-frequency design minimizes salinity and textural effects and gives it a wide measurement range.
Also available in a wireless model for use with the HOBOnet Field Monitoring System.
- Measures a large 1-liter volume of soil, providing a more accurate picture of average soil moisture
- Provides data directly in volumetric water content
- High-frequency (70 MHz) circuit provides good accuracy even in high-salinity and sandy soils
- Compatible with Onset stand-alone and web-based weather stations
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-SMD-M005 sensor supports the following measurement: Soil Moisture
- Measurement range in soil：0 to 0.570 m³/m³ (volumetric water content)
。±0.033 m³/m³ (±3.3%) typical 0 to +50°C (+32° to +122°F) for mineral soils up to 10 dS/m
。±0.020 m³/m³ (±2%) with soil specific calibration
- Resolution：0.0008 m³/m³ (0.08%)
- Soil probe dimensions：160 x 32 x 2 mm (6.5 x 1.25 x 0.08 in.)
- Weight：190 grams (6.7 oz)
- Decagon probe part no.：10HS
- Sensor operating temperature：
。0° to +50°C (+32° to +122°F). Although the sensor probe and cable can safely operate at below-freezing temperatures (to -40°C/F) and the smart sensor tube (the white portion of the sensor cable that houses the electronics) can be exposed to temperatures up to +70°C (+158°F), the soil moisture data collected at these extreme temperatures is outside of the sensor’s accurate measurement range. Extended temperatures above +50°C (+122°F) will decrease logger battery life when using for the S-SMD-M005 smart sensor.
- Volume of influence：1 liter (33.8 oz)
- Sensor frequency：70 MHz
- Bits per sample：12
- Number of data channels：1
- Measurement averaging option：No
- Cable length available：5m (16 ft)
- Length of Smart Sensor network cable：0.5 m (1.6 ft)
- – The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU)