The HOBO Weather Station Starter Kit combines our most rugged data logging weather station with out-of-the-box convenience.
The U30/NRC accepts up to 10 plug-and-play Smart Sensors. Just plug in your sensor and it’s automatically recognized – no programming, wiring or calibration necessary. With this kit you can measure temperature, relative humidity, wind speed/direction. Simply select the HOBO Weather Station starter system and your choice of either a 2-Meter or 3-Meter Tripod Kit and go!
Software ordered separately. Compatible with HOBOware and HOBOware Pro software for logger setup, graphing and analysis.
- HOBO U30 NRC data logger with 10 inputs (U30-NRC-000-10-S100-000 )
- 5W Solar Panel – SOLAR-5W
- Temperature/RH Smart Sensor with 2-meter cable – S-THB-M002
- Wind Speed Smart Sensor with 3-meter cable – S-WSB-M003
- Wind Direction Smart Sensor with 3-meter cable – S-WDA-M003
- Full Crossarm for Wind Speed/Direction sensors – M-CAA
- Solar Radiation Shield for Temperature & RH sensor – RS3-B
In what environment does this kit operate?
This kit operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this kit support?
The U30-NRC-SYS-C kit supports the following measurements: Barometric Pressure, Leaf Wetness, Light Intensity, Rainfall, Relative Humidity, Soil Moisture, Temperature and Wind
- Normal operating range：-20°C to 40°C (-4°F to 104°F)
- Extended operating range：-40 to 60°C (-40 to 140°F) – see “Rechargeable Battery service Life” for impact of operations in Extended Operating Range.
- Sensor Inputs：5 standard; option to expand to 10
- Smart Sensor compatibility：Compatible with most Onset smart sensors, except for the S-BPA, S-TMA and S-THA
- Data channels：Maximum of 15 (some sensors use more than one data channel)
- Alarm output relay：Can be configured to be activated, deactivated or pulsed on user-defined sensor alarms. The relay can be configured as normally open or normally closed, and is rated for 30 V and 1 amp max.
- Expansion slot：One expansion slot is available for factory-installed expansion port.
- Local communication：Full Speed USB via USB mini-B connector
- Size：17.8 H x 11.7 D x 19.3 W cm (7.0 H x 4 .6 D x 7.6 W inches)
- Weight：2 kg (4 lbs 10 oz)
。Outer enclosure：ABS blend with stainless steel hinge pins and bronze inserts
。Inner enclosure：Polycarbonate with bronze inserts
。U-Bolts：Steel with zinc dichromate finish
。Cable entry channel：EPDM rubber
。Cable entry bars：Aluminum with ABS plastic thumb screws
- Data storage memory：Nonvolatile flash data storage, 512K bytes local storage
- Memory modes：Stop when full, wrap around when full
- Operational indicators：Up to six (depending upon options) status lights provide basic diagnostics
- Logging interval：1 second to 18 hours, user-specified interval
- Battery type：4 Volt, 4.5 AHr or 10 AHr, Rechargeable sealed lead-acid
- Rechargeable battery service life：Typical 3–5 years depending upon conditions of use. Operation within the extended operating range (but outside the normal range) will reduce battery service life.
- Time accuracy：0 to 2 seconds for the first data point and ±5 seconds per week at 25°C (77°F)
- Environmental rating：Weatherproof enclosure, tested to NEMA 6. (Requires proper installation of cable channel system)
- Mounting：3.8 cm (1.5 inch) mast or wall mount
- Enclosure access：Hinged door secured by two latches with eyelets for securing with user-supplied padlocks
- Sensor network cable length：100 m (328 ft) maximum
- External power：External power is required. The system optionally accepts the following Onset solar panels:SOLAR-1.2W, SOLAR-3W, SOLAR-6W. Alternatively it accepts an AC power adapter：AC-U30
- Input channels：Two, single-ended
- Field wiring：Two- or three-wire via screw terminals on detachable connector, 16–24 AWG.
- Replacement detachable connectors：Part of spares kit, Part No. A-FS-CVIA-7P-1
- Input range：User-configurable：0–20 mA DC, 0-2.5 VDC, 0-5 VDC, 0-10 VDC, or 0–20 VDC
- Minimum/maximum input voltage：0 / 24 VDC
- Minimum/maximum input current：0 / 24 mA DC
- Minimum current source impedance：> 20 KΩ
- Accuracy：± 0.25% of FSR from 50mV to FSV
- ADC resolution：12 bits
- Excitation power：Switched 12 VDC, up to 50 mA; user-selectable warm-up from 5msec to 2 minutes