The HOBO Water Level data logger features high accuracy at a great price and ease-of-use, with no cumbersome vent tubes or desiccants to maintain. This data logger is ideal for recording water levels and temperatures in shallow wells, streams, lakes and freshwater wetlands.
- Lightning protection – no long signal wires, and electronics are shielded in stainless steel housing for use in freshwater (see the Water Level logger sensor location drawing)
- HOBOware Pro software provides easy conversion to accurate water level reading, fully compensated for barometric pressure (see demo) temperature, and water density.
- Multiple-rate sampling (see demo) allows faster sampling at critical times such as when pumping starts or stops.
- Available in 4 depth ranges
- Ideal for use in wells, streams, lakes, wetlands and tidal areas
- No-vent-tube design for easy reliable deployment
- Available in stainless and titanium versions
- Durable ceramic pressure sensor
- 3-point NIST-traceable calibration certificate included
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in outdoor and underwater environments.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The U20-001-02 data logger supports the following measurements: Absolute Pressure, Barometric Pressure, Temperature and Water Level
Pressure and Water Level Measurements U20-001-02 and U20-001-02-Ti
- Operation Range：0 to 400 kPa (0 to 58 psia); approximately 0 to 30.6 m (0 to 100 ft) of water depth at sea level, or 0 to 33.6 m (0 to 111 ft) of water at 3,000 m (10,000 ft) of altitude
- Factory Calibrated Range：69 to 400 kPa (10 to 58 psia), 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
- Burst Pressure：500 kPa (72.5 psia) or 40.8 m (134 ft) depth
- Water Level Accuracy*：
。Typical error：±0.05% FS, 1.5 cm (0.05 ft) water
。Maximum error：±0.1% FS, 3 cm (0.1 ft) water
- Raw Pressure Accuracy**：±0.3% FS, 1.20 kPa (0.17 psi) maximum error
- Resolution：<0.04 kPa (0.006 psi), 0.41 cm (0.013 ft) water
- Pressure Response Time (90%)***：<1 second; measurement accuracy also depends on temperature response time
- Operation Range：-20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F)
- Accuracy：±0.44°C from 0° to 50°C (±0.79°F from 32° to 122°F), see Plot A in manual
- Resolution：0.10°C at 25°C (0.18°F at 77°F), see Plot A in manual
- Response Time (90%)：5 minutes in water (typical)
- Stability (Drift)：0.1°C (0.18°F) per year
- Real-time Clock：± 1 minute per month 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
- Battery：2/3 AA, 3.6 Volt lithium, factory-replaceable
- Battery Life (Typical Use)：5 years with 1 minute or greater logging interval
- Memory (Non-volatile)：64K bytes memory (approx. 21,700 pressure and temperature samples)
。Stainless steel models：approximately 210 g (7.4 oz)
。Titanium models：approximately 140 g (4.8 oz)
- Dimensions：2.46 cm (0.97 inches) diameter, 15 cm (5.9 inches) length; mounting hole 6.3 mm (0.25 inches) diameter
- Wetted Materials：316 stainless steel, Viton® o-rings, acetyl cap, ceramic sensor
- Logging Interval：Fixed-rate or multiple logging intervals, with up to 8 user-defined logging intervals and durations; logging intervals from 1 second to 18 hours. Refer to the HOBOware software manual.
- Launch Modes：Immediate start and delayed start
- Offload Modes：Offload while logging; stop and offload
- Battery Indication：Battery voltage can be viewed in status screen and optionally logged in datafile. Low battery indication in datafile.
- Environmental Rating：IP68
- ：The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU).
* Water Level Accuracy：With accurate reference water level measurement, known water density, accurate Barometric Compensation Assistant data, and a stable temperature environment.
** Raw Pressure Accuracy：Absolute pressure sensor accuracy includes all sensor drift, temperature, and hysteresis-induced errors.
*** Changes in Temperature：Allow 10 minutes in water to achieve full temperature compensation of the pressure sensor. Maximum error due to rapid thermal changes is approximately 0.5%.