The HOBO MicroRX Water Level Station is a cellular, web-enabled water level monitoring solution for stormwater, floodwater, irrigation, hydrologic, and environmental applications. Pre-programmed water flow formulas for select weirs, flumes, and a stage discharge table result in an easy and intuitive configuration.
New water flow and accumulated rainfall calculations, which are performed directly on the station at time of measurement, trigger immediate notifications of critical water level conditions.
The compact and durable station, together with the non-vented water level sensor, enables harsh condition deployments and reliable monitoring. The optional integrated solar panel or battery power, with a wide range of plug-and-play smart sensors, supports flexible environmental monitoring.
- Station-side alarms for water flow and accumulated rainfall triggered at time of measurement
- Non-vented ceramic water level sensor with a choice of four ranges
- Interchangeable, Kevlar-reinforced water level sensor cables
- Integrated barometric pressure sensor
- Compact IP66/NEMA 4X enclosure
- Built-in LCD confirms proper setup and operation
- Two power options:
- Integrated 1.7 W solar panel with rechargeable battery pack
- 5 W and 15 W external solar panels can be added (RX2104 only)
- User-replaceable AA lithium batteries
- Inputs for five plug-and-play sensors
- Up to 10-minute connections rates via 4G cellular data plans
- Cloud-based monitoring and data access through HOBOlink
- Available with stainless steel or titanium sensor ends
- 3-point NIST-traceable calibration certificate included for the water pressure sensor
In what environment does this data logger operate?
What measurements does this data logger support?
The RX2100-WL data logger supports the following measurements: Absolute Pressure, Barometric Pressure, Evapotranspiration, Leaf Wetness, Light Intensity, PAR, Pulse Input, Rainfall, Relative Humidity, Remote Water Level Monitoring, Soil Moisture, Temperature, Water Flow, Water Level and Wind
- "Operating Range: RX2103: -40° to 60°C (-40° to 140°F) RX2104: -20° to 60°C (-4° to 140°F)"
- Smart Sensor Connectors: 5
- Smart Sensor Network Cable Length: 100 m (328 ft) maximum
- Smart Sensor Data Channels: Maximum of 15 (some smart sensors use more than one data channel; see sensor manual for details)
- Logging Rate: 1 minute to 18 hours
- "Time Accuracy: ±8 seconds per month in 0° to 40°C (32°F to 104°F) range; ±30 seconds per month in -40° to 60°C (-40° to 140°F) range"
- "Battery Type/Power Source: RX2103: 6 AA 1.5 V lithium batteries or AC power adapter (P-AC-1) RX2104: Integrated 1.7 watt solar panel and NiMH rechargeable battery pack; optional AC power adapter (P-AC-1) or external solar panel (SOLAR-xW) can be used in place of integrated solar panel"
- Battery Life: RX2104: Typical 3–5 years when operated in the temperature range -20° to 40°C (-4° to 104°F); operation outside this range will reduce the battery service life.
- Memory: 16 MB, 1 million measurements, continuous logging
- Alarm Notification Latency: Logging interval plus 2–4 minutes, typical
- Enclosure Access: Hinged door secured by two latches with eyelets for use with user-supplied padlocks
- LCD: LCD is visible from 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F); the LCD may react slowly or go blank in temperatures outside this range
- Materials: Outer enclosure: Polycarbonate/PBT blend with brass inserts; Interior: Polycarbonate/PBT; Gasket: Silicone foam; Cable channel: Santoprene™ TPE; U-Bolts (not included): Steel with zinc dichromate finish
- Dimensions: 19.95 x 13.68 x 7.49 cm (7.85 x 5.39 x 2.95 in.)
- Weight: 678 g (23.9 oz)
- Mounting: Optional U-bolts are compatible with masts up to 4.14 cm (1.63 in.) mast diameter; can also be mounted with zip ties or mounted to a flat surface with screws
- Environmental Rating: Weatherproof enclosure, NEMA 4X and IP66 (requires proper installation of cable channel system)
- "Wireless Radio: GSM/GPRS/EDGE: Quad band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz UMTS/HSPA+: Seven band 800/850/900/1800/1900/2100 MHz LTE: Twelve Band 700/800/850/900/1800/1900/2100/2600 MHz"
- Antenna: 4G LTE
- CE: The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU)
- FCC: FCC ID QIPPLS62-W, IC ID:7830A-PLS62W